First up is everyone's favorite mobile game of the year: Pokémon Go. This easy to assemble costume has one key element that will make it look legit- the hat.
A blank baseball cap
White paint - acrylic or fabric
Yellow paint - acrylic or fabric
2. Practice the placement of your round things. I traced them to make sure the sizes were correct. I had to try a few things until I found the right sizes. You'll need one smaller center circle, then a larger putter ring that you will cut in half.
3. Trace your objects onto your hat with a pencil. There's really no easy way to do this if you're using solid objects. Looking back, I could have cut out the trial tracings and pinned them on. But honestly being able to move around the objects to find the right placement was very helpful.
4. Paint on a layer of white. Try to keep as in the lines as possible, but there is a way to do touch ups later. You might need to paint two coats of white if you're making a black hat.
5. Now for the yellow coat! If your yellow seems a little thin, you can mix it with a bit of white. You may also need two coats of yellow.
6. Carefully take off the tape. You want to do this after the paint has become a little tacky but before it's fully dried.
7. After everything has fully dried, use a little bit of soap and water to take the graphite from the penicl off.
8. When the fabric is dry again, go in with a black permanent marker to straighten up the edges and take care of any mistakes.
And there you have it, a completed Pokemon inspired hat! I chose yellow to match what my character looks like, but you could also choose a color that matches your Team's color.
As far as the rest of the outfit goes, you'll need a sporty jacket, finger-less gloves, a backpack, shorts, leggings and tennis shoes. You can also make a Pokemon ball belt buckle out of some craft foam. Easy peasy!
If you want to take your costume to the next level, try checkout out this tutorial from AWE me's DIY Prop Shop on how to make an Egg Incubator! Or go all out and make your phone into a self-charging Pokedex with this tutorial!